St. Therese Ugbo-Odogwu, Enugu
The Carmelite Community at Ugbo-Odogwu (Trans-Ekulu) was founded on September 2005, when the bishop of Enugu Diocese entrusted the Parish of St. Therese, located there, to the Discalced Carmelites.
The parish is in a rural area with a teeming population of about four thousand people, a good number of whom are young people and children. Besides regular parish ministry, the Friars cater for the needs of the youths and children by carrying out some forms of youth apostolate and by running a nursery and primary school for the children.
The parish is located on the margins of the city of Enugu and stands in dire need of infrastructural development. The Church building is presently under construction but at an advanced stage. Its completion is heavily dependent on people’s generous donations.
St. Therese’s Carmelite Community
P.O. Box 1894, Enugu
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Attached to the Parish is the Little Flower Academy which the Vicariate has continuously endeavoured to improve. Thanks to Misean Cara for its assistance with the roofing the school building.